History of the Cleveland Memorial Society
The Cleveland Memorial Society was organized in 1948 by members of the Board of Directors of the First Unitarian Church of Cleveland. Our Society now has about 5,800 members, which makes it the 11th largest in the U.S.
The Cleveland Memorial Society is a non-profit corporation, founded in 1948, controlled democratically by its members. Its work is conducted under the supervision of a board of trustees who serve for a term of three years. Officers and Board members are elected by the membership at our annual meeting in September. The officers and trustees serve without salaries.